BRANCH BROOK HAS ALL OF YOUR PROPANE SUPPLY NEEDS COVERED!
Propane is used for cooking, hot water, dryers and/or keeping your home warm and comfortable. Propane is recognized as a "green" energy. By using propane along with low carbon content, you can help cut greenhouse gases, improve air quality, and protect the environment. We all need to do what we can to reduce our carbon footprints.
Propane in its natural state is odorless and colorless. To give propane a distinct odor, a sulfur-based compound that smells like rotten eggs is added to the gas at the time of shipment. Because liquid propane will expand when heated, all propane containers are filled to only 80% of their capacity.
- Familiarize yourself with what propane smells like (sulfur; rotten eggs)
- Know where gas lines are located
- Set up automatic delivery
- Check your fuel gauge periodically
- Do not let your propane tank run-out
- Do not store any cleaning fluids, rags, or any flammable liquids near propane tank(s) or gas-burning equipment.
If you smell gas...
- Do not turn any electrical switches on or off.
- Leave the building and leave the doors open.
- Turn off the gas supply at the tank.
- Call Branch Brook and your local Fire Department from your neighbor's phone.
- Keep all people out of the building until the service person arrives.
We offer many options for residential and commercial customers when it comes time for selecting the right tank for your boiler, furnace, water heater, and/or appliances. Branch Brook's staff will help you every step of the way, from the tank location, to the final hook up, and gas checks. You can be confident that the install will be safe and state code compliant.